BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 30, 2013

28 Weeks




Our 28th week was a great one. We celebrated officially being in our 3rd trimester (a first for us), and we were able to celebrate Christmas with both sets of our parents with lots of love surrounding us and all our 4 of our children.
Normally Trae and I are busy traveling between my parents house in San Antonio and his parents house in Glen Rose over the holidays so we can see all our family, but this year we decided to play it safe and have all our family drive to us. Christmas Eve my parents drove in, we cooked dinner at the house and attended a beautiful Christams Eve service at St. Martins Lutheran Church.  Our church is part of our family- we have many close friends that attend, Pastor Pete, the senior pastor was a huge support system when the boys were born and subsequently passed away, and our own sons, Sawyer & Tristan are buried in the columnbarium in the chapel there. We love our church and plan to be lifelong members as we feel very close to our boys everytime we are there, so it was special to attend thier beautiful Christmas Eve service with our boys close.
Christmas Day we opened gifts at my brother and sister in laws house in Austin with my parents and relaxed before my parents drove home. Trae and I went to watch a movie together that evening and discussed how different next Christmas will be with 2 little girls with us.
A few days later, Trae's parents: Sharon & Milton and his sister, Carrie and her family came into town where we all went out to dinner, played card games where I reclaimed my winning title at "Left, Right, Center" for the 2nd year in a row and we all opened gifts.

Trae and I looked back fondly at last years Christmas where we were surprising our families with the news that Sawyer & Tristan were boys. We miss our sons terribly but felt their presence around us all week as we all talked and prayed about them daily. 

How Far Along? 28w6days
Stretch Marks?  Nope!
Sleep? This week sleep has been my only complaint, other than my inability to take off my boots anymore since I can't lean over. Baby A is now breech/transverse so she is feet down with her head in my right side. Its the most bizzare thing- my belly is literally wide because of the way she is laying. Baby B is balled up, also feet down/head up with her head right under my rib cage. When I lay flat on the bed A falls further right which is VERY uncomfortable and B travels further into my ribs which is also painful. Sleep has come with lots of tossing, turning, groaning and experimenting with lots of pillows.  We finally went and purchased a recliner we plan to use in the nursery when the girls are here but for me to sleep in for the next 8 weeks. Can't wait for it to get here!!
Best Moment of the Week? Spending Christmas with both sets of our parents & remembering our boys in different ways with all our family.
Movement? These girls move a lot at night, probably because their used to their mama moving around all day still. The kicks and jabs are getting harder every day and with 4 little legs/feet on my bladder I worry what's to come!
Food Cravings? Spicy food sounds good to me all the time. 
Genders? All Girls!
Symptoms: Sore legs & hips due to my belly growing and poor sleep are my only real complaints. 
Weekly Dr Appt: This week was started by seeing Dr Berry, our MFM where he gave us a 1929 Bronze Coin for achieving our first major goal of making it to 28 weeks! He gives awards for every milestone we reach: 28 weeks (Bronze), 32 weeks (Silver), 36 weeks (Gold).  We are going for the GOLD!!
It was at this appointment we learned that both babies were breech and very long. They were measuring over a week ahead in length and several days ahead in weight. Baby A weighed 2lbs 10 oz and Baby B weighed 2lbs 11 oz.  We were so pleased to hear both girls are growing so well and seem to very very content inside.  We don't see Dr Berry again until 32 weeks, but we will then see him weekly until the end of our pregnancy.



Our new recliner!

Blue Bear ornaments for our Sawyer & Tristan

New ornaments for our girls, located right next to their brothers ornaments

Trae parking my shopping cart I use at Home Depot- he can parallel park even a shopping cart well!




0 comments: