BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 22, 2013

27 Weeks


SO LONG, 2ND TRIMESTER! 


We are so excited to be on our way to our 3rd trimester! Trae and I are starting to have more conversations that include the word "when". "When we bring the girls home", or "when the girls need a bath..." Normal conversation for most parents-to-be, but a momentus occasion for us.

With these "when" conversations we have also been looking at the calendar and realizing how much time we DON'T have left!!  We've been so worried this whole pregnancy that now that we are starting to realize we will be bringing babies home, after all.. we are running out of time left in our pregnancy! We are working hard at enjoying what's left of the pregnancy with these little girls- all their kicks & hiccups, sonograms, and learning what their personalities might be like based on their activity level in utero. I know these are fond memories to look back on and I don't take any of them for granted. Also, while pregnancy has been scary and uncomfortable and high risk for me, I can confidently say that I genuinely enjoy being pregnant. Even those nights when I'm not sleeping well due to uncomfort or when I go into my closet and some of my maternity clothes are starting to get tight, I look in the mirror and feel proud of myself, proud of my body and beautiful.  It's all a miracle and while I'm so looking forward to the moments Trae and I are allowing ourselves to dream about now with our little girls.. I CAN wait until the latest possible moment, knowing every additional hour these girls are in utero is better for Mom and Babies.

How Far Along? 27 Weeks 6 days
Stretch Marks? Nope- Dr thinks I might be able to avoid completely!
Sleep? Off and on, babies are moving a LOT at night, but experimenting with pillows is working so far
Best Moment of the Week? Trae and I had our maternity photos taken by an old, talented friend, Jenni Jones this week. It was a special & full circle moment for us as we were very much looking forward to shooting with Jenni when pregnant with the boys, and were only a couple weeks away from our opportunity to when we lost the boys.  Being able to have our photos taken by Jenni signified a significant milestone for us and we both felt very calm and happy while there in the moment. I told Trae I could feel all my babies with me.. the girls kicking & moving in my stomach and my sons warmth around me as Trae and Jenni were with me, remembering all our children.  Jenni shared 2 two photos as a preview and we were completely taken away with the beauty of the image. She is a true talent. www.jennijonesphotography.com
Movement: I'm so glad to say that I get to feel these 8 limbs moving all day long! If I ever feel like its been too long, I chug a bunch of cold water or iced tea and there they go!! It's a fun feeling.
Food Cravings? Iced Tea, cinnamon raisen bagels, iced coffee.
Genders? All Girl x 2
Symptoms: Round Ligament pain is worst the day after an active day or in the morning, Other than that I'm just finding myself to be really tired throughout the day and going to sleep by 10 most nights.
Weekly Dr Appt:
Our 27 week appointment was a quick one. Dr Reue showed how long my cervix was on sonogram and he felt confident that my pregnancy would continue for several more weeks. While looking at my cervix he showed me how high my TAC stich was and we all agreed we did the right thing for our clinical need.  Oh, and Baby A decided to show us her girl parts front and center on the screen- we all got a good laugh!
I got all my 3rd trimester shots & bloodwork done and it was confirmed that I'm not anemic & that I did pass my glucose test- Woo HOO!!

Next week we go to the MFM and see our little girls on 4D sonogram, in addition to celebrating Christmas with both our families! Feeling very blessed this Christmas season.


Cheering on Texas Longhorn Basketball

Me at my 27 wk appointment impatiently waiting to see the girls!!


1 comments:

Elizabeth B. said...

You're beautiful! Love the picture of you in the field.