BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

25 Weeks




How Far Along? 25 Weeks
Maternity Clothes? Mostly all I wear is maternity or lose fitting spandex-filled clothing. The girls need room to move & so do I!
Stretch Marks? None yet.. hoping it stays that way!
Sleep: Not good. My hips & back hurt so badly that I spend 1/2 the night in bed with lots of pillows and 1/2 the night on our couch. Doctors advise me to use Tylenol & Benadryl every night to help me sleep a few more hours more comfortably. 
Best Moment This Week: Holding Trae's hand while walking out of L&D STILL pregnant.
Movement: All the time- constantly! Baby A is head down on my right side so I feel her kicks lower while Baby B is transverse, her head by my belly button so I feel & see her movements often as they are right on top of my lungs!
Food Cravings: Fruit & anything sweet- I even pulled the pregnancy card & stopped for Dunkin Donuts the other day! 
Genders: Both girls. :)
Symptoms: I have round ligament pain throughout the day when walking and I'm hot ALL the time (hence the chalkboard sign of the girls loving the cooler weather.) Every time I hear a cold front is coming in I crack the windows and Trae puts on another layer of clothing.
However, earlier this week I was feeling nauseous, with a painful back & sore/tight belly.. all signs pointed towards contractions. I took a Benadryl to calm Braxton Hicks, which I have been getting of and on and scheduled an appointment with my doctor. When I went to the doctor, I was hooked up to a machine which proved I was still having contractions every 2-3 minutes. I was admitted to L&D where I had another Fetal Fibronectin test done & given fluids for 5 hours while the girls and I were monitored. The fluids slowed the contractions down and my FFN test came back negative, which proved I wasn't in premature labor. MUSIC to our ears! We were discharged after 6 hours in L&D with a prescription for Procardia that I will take twice a day for the remainder of my pregnancy to calm my now medicially described "irritable uterus".  Hopefully the Procardia will keep things nice and calm for the remainder of our pregnancy with these girls.
Belly Button in or Out: 1/2 way out

In other news... Trae and I are starting to discuss names more often. We have one of the girls' names all settled on and are going back and forth about the other one. Hopefully we will have it settled by the time they come! 

December is here, Christmas decor is up and my first baby shower invitation is hung up. We are so grateful to be pregnant with our girls- it's the best gift God could have given after he gave us our sons. We are so excited for everything this pregnancy has left including maternity photos and celebrating with friends & family at our baby showers.



0 comments: