BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week 20

Baby Size:

Marination Time: 20 weeks 





The Bump says that this week Baby A and Baby B have become little bananas!  I received an email from Everyday Families this week that said "If you are having twins, they are about 7.5 inches long this week and weigh close to a pound each."  And they were right!  We had our sonogram this morning with Dr Seeker and both babies weigh about 14oz a piece and were long and active!!
It confirms that twins grow a bit faster in these early weeks to make up for the shorter stay they have! What a miracle the human body is.


Baby Milestones:
The twins are growing hair and moving even more.  They have fully working taste buds, even though all they get to taste is amniotic fluid at this point.  They are gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day.

Symptoms:
I've been pretty tired this week, needing to rest or nap at the end of the day. My tummy has been a little sore this week and bending over is much more challenging as it hurts to bend from the waist.


How I'm Changing:
The baby belly is continuing to grow with the babies growth.  I've also felt the boys move a LOT more. Lots of kicking, jabbing, rolling and hiccuping!


What I'm Eating:
Fruit, Bean & Cheese Tacos (my weakness), Turkey Sandwhiches, protein bars

Annoyances:
Low Energy continues to be an annoyance.  Another annoyance is the amount of organization our house needs! Trae and I have been in constant de-clutter mode so that we will have room to put baby stuff places! Our office looks like a tornado hit it and we have a LOT of work to do so that we can continue to prepare for the babies!


Sleep:

Baby A is head down and low and gets pretty upset when I lay on my left side at night. He makes sure to let me know that I'm cramping his space by kicking & nudging me until I move into a more comforatble position. I'm usually woken by Baby B moving and kicking up by my belly button.


Missing:
The only thing I miss these days is my energy so that I can stay continue to get things done without needing breaks or naps!


What I'm Most Excited About:
We started making progress on the nursery this week!  It's exciting seeing the room taking shape little by little.  We put in crown molding and had the nursery & closet painted this week. Next week we are having the closet organization installed by The Container Store so we can start organizing some of the amazing baby gifts we have already received from family and friends.

Also, this weekend Trae is taking me on our 'BABYMOON' to a resort outside of Los Angeles called Terranea.  There is a heated pool which sounds devine for my aching back and hiking trails around the hotel.  It's so exciting that we'll have a weekend to ourselves to reflect on all we have been through to take us to this point and all that we have to look forward to.  Maybe we will even get closer to finalizing names for our little guys!

Here are the latest photos of the babies:
Baby A proving he is all boy!

Baby B looking straight at the camera

Baby B proving he is all boy!

Baby A side profile.




0 comments: