BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 19

Baby Size:

Marination Time: 19 weeks 6 days



The Bump says that this past week the babies were growing to be the size of Mango's!  They should both weigh about 8.5 oz a piece and measure over 6 inches long.  We'll have a Dr. appointment next week to see how the boys are growing exactly and be able to update more then, but I would guess they are closer to 6.5-7' long now and maybe 10 oz a piece since they have always measured a week ahead of schedule.

Baby Milestones:
This week the babies grew a greasy protective layer on their skin called vernix caseosa.  This protects thier skin from their watery surroundings for the remaining of the pregnancy.  Also this week, the baby's brain nerve cells are working on their senses: hearing, sight, smell and taste are being perfected this week.

Symptoms:
Dizziness at times when I stand too long.  Extreme thirst throught the day, so I've been drinking a lot of water and supplamenting with gatorade.  My abodmen was feeling very tight towards the beginning of the week and is still sore when I bend or twist much.

How I'm Changing:
The baby belly is still growing and with it, I can finally feel significant movement.  At night when I'm on my back I dont feel kicks or jabs, I feel hard big parts (like a head or bottom) changing positions slowly... almost as if they are sleeping and switching sides. When this happens, my belly visibly changes shape, which is a weird and sometimes uncomfortable feeling.  In the middle of the day/evening I am feeling definite jabs.  They feel stronger than belly bubbles but don't hurt.  It's pretty fun, but wonder what my boys are doing when there is that much movement!!

Last photo of my 19th week! 

Also, I may have officially started nesting. In the past week we have done a lot to prepare for our little ones! We have picked out paint samples & scheduled painting to be done, ordered an ELFA closet system to keep the nursery closet organized and made a decision on the cribs!  I look forward to updating everyone with the nursery progress.

What I'm Eating:
Protein Bars for snacks and breakfasts, turkey sandwhiches, fruit for snacks and regular dinners.  Nothing specific, but I am finding myself a little more hungry than normal.


Annoyances:
I had some bad pelvic pressure and middle back pain at the beginning of the week and purchased a support belt.  It feels amazing on, but looks bad under clothing.  The back pain is a little annoying, but I feel blessed to still be as active as I am and that the pregnancy is going well.


Sleep:
I sleep pretty well these days: I still wake up 3-5 times a night for potty breaks but am also waking up at night due to the boys moving around in my lower abdomen.  Their movement puts pressure on my pelvic bone and tailbone which is uncomfortable to me and makes me change positions frequently throughout the night.


Missing:
I'm missing my energy lately- It doesn't take much activity to completely tire me out these days.


What I'm most excited about:
I'm so excited to be feeling A & B moving around finally! It gives me relief to feel their movements and I look forward to learning more about their little personalities through their movements during the next few weeks.
I'm also excited to see them again next week at our Dr. appointment and to see our nursery start to unfold in the next few weeks.


0 comments: