BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week 14


Baby Size:

Marination Time:
Today is the last day of week 14! 14d6d

The Bump says that this week the babies are growing to the size of lemons.

Baby Milestones:
Baby A and B can now suck their thumbs (in fact, Baby B was sucking his or her thumb at the Sonogram on Wednesday!), wiggle their toes, produce urine, and breathe in the amniotic fluid.  Their little systems are developing!!  They are also growing lanugo, which is a thick, peach-fuzzy hair all over their bodies to help keep them warm.

Symptoms:
I've had a dull headache off and on this week.  This week my back pain has been intense, probably because of my growing belly.  Sleeping is very uncomfortable due to back pain, so I've been waking up pretty tired everyday. A big "Thank You" to Shelley and Casey for letting me borrow their Snoogle body pillow this week- it's helped a lot!  Round ligament pain is still intense.  Dr Seeker says back pain and round ligament pain should ease in the next 2 weeks as my uterus moves completely into my abdomen.

How I'm Changing:
Growing every day!  I look even more pregnant than last week! I've gained 7 total pounds since pregnant, which the Dr is happy about.

What I'm Eating:
I'm back to eating most of my normal foods, just having issues with quantity.  I am not eating any more than I would have normally eaten pre-pregnancy, so sometimes I have to remind myself to eat and make sure I'm getting enough protein in.  Dr Barbara Luke's book "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads" recommends gaining 24 pounds in the first 24 weeks of a twin pregnancy.  In order to do this, you need an additional 300 calories a day.  The book also suggests putting yourself on an eating schedule and eating every 2 hours.  I'm not hungry enough to eat every 2 hours, but hear this appetite will be sure to pick up in the coming weeks!!

Annoyances:
This week the biggest annoyance is my back pain and the lack of sleep that's come with it.

Sleep:
Despite not getting much sleep this week due to back pain, I definitely have more energy back which is nice!

Missing:
Waking up feeling rested and with no pain. 

What I'm Most Excited About:
We had our Dr appointment this week and got to see the babies again!  They are growing quickly and are measuring 4 days ahead of schedule, which this Momma is very proud of!  The little babies are so squirmy so we couldnt get any great photos of them, but they are both measuring 8.94 cm crown to rump and seem to be very happy. 

Here's some photos:

Little B looking straight at camera and A's head

See A's little foot? How cute is that?!

Profile of Baby A



1 comments:

Carolyn Wallace said...

I love your posts! I feel like it gives me some reassurance that what I'm experiencing is normal. Although I've already put on 15 pounds even though food isn't my best friend, I'm super jealous you've been able to keep it reasonable. My doctor has told me that she doesn't care how much weight I put on...too bad that doesn't translate into never having to step on a scale when I go to her office. Snacking a little throughout the day helps with the nausea. I hope that goes away soon. So glad to see that you are doing well!