BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Week 17

Baby Size:

Marination Time: 17w5d


The Bump  says that this week the babies are the size of an onion. The average baby their size would be 5 inches and over 5 ounces.  We had our latest sonogram today and both babies are still ahead of their growth schedule, now measuring 5 days ahead.  They are just shy of 6 inches, 8 ounces and proved to be very active little babies as they were kicking their long legs and turning from side to side saying "hi" to Mommy and Daddy.  

Baby Milestones:
Baby A & Baby B are getting bony and stronger this week as all their soft cartilage changes to bone. They are also getting a stronger and thicker umbilical cord as they rely more and more on their placentas. Sweat glands are starting to develop along with a little baby fat developing to help with their temperature regulation after they are born. We have 59 days until viability (24w0d on February 8th) and we have about 140 days until their last possible (and most optimal) delivery date at 37 weeks.  It's so crazy that we are about HALF WAY  through our pregnancy!

Here are our sweet babies profiles as of this morning:

Baby A Profile

Baby B profile

Symptoms:
I'm still having some middle back pain, but have started prenatal yoga and think the stretching will be good for my tight muscles.  

How I'm Changing:
Growing belly every week proves my little bundles are growing right on track!

What I'm Eating:
When my sweet tooth kicks I'll have a Root Beer or 7UP since both are free of caffeine. If I give into the urge and eat something sugary, my body tends to not like it very much and I get a pretty sour tummy.  Beans are sounding good these days and since they supply protein and fiber good for the babies and me, I eat them a few times a week.

Annoyances:
I've had such an easy pregnancy so far, it's hard to be annoyed by anything!  

Sleep:
I'm sleeping hotter and hotter these days which tends to wake me up.  Even if its 68 degrees in the house (like last night) and our fan is on, I wake up so hot and Trae is bundled under the sheets. I hear this just gets worse the bigger the babies get, so poor Trae will probably be wearing a parka to bed soon!

What I'm Most Excited About:
Now that Christmas is coming to a close... I'm committed to get more serious about planning this nursery and making some big decisions like cribs, paint color etc.  We DID start our baby registry at BuyBuyBaby a couple weeks ago, so that was a start.... it will be fun to continue planning and putting plans in motion!



0 comments: