BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Picky Cooking

One thing not everyone knows about me is how picky of an eater I am. I try not to be... But it's been this way since I was young. I've gotten better over the years, now liking most vegetables and seafood, but I still have some issues with meat.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnjWZT3yWWc

Settle down. I eat meat. I just don't eat red meat, pork or lamb. Seafood, chicken and turkey and eggs are all fair game, though.

My sweet husband has gotten used to my culinary preferences and doesn't complain much when I alter recipes to fit my needs. Don't get me wrong, it took many attempts to find the perfect Turkey meatloaf and other recipes (yes, i will post this recipe soon, but with me doing 99% of our cooking and grocery shopping... He gladly tries all my attempts with grace. OR ELSE! ha...kidding...kinda.

There are few menu options Trae dislikes, but one that has never been a favorite of his is Pesto. This hurts. I LOVE pesto. So instead of kissing my beloved sauce behind, I decided I would find a version Trae loves as much as I do. A culinary challenge, if you will.

Giada-I-over-pronounce-all-Italian-words-de Laurentiis had a Pesto segment on the Today show last week that demonstrated different pesto options.

I made the Grilled Chicken with Spicy Pesto tonight for dinner. Super easy and very fresh. The whole dinner took about 40 minutes and considering I served it over a bed of spinach and walnuts tossed in a bit of the Pesto...it was a full meal thrown together in 1 bowl. The best kind!  This would be really good over all kinds of meats/dishes.  I have a bunch of pesto left over and am popping it in the freezer now for future meals.


http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47801909/ns/today-food/t/pesto-perfection-giada-shows-three-ways-make-it/#.T96N4e17xG5

** The only difference I would make to the recipe is I would add another 1/2 - full jalapeƱo.  We didn't think this was spicy at all, and we love spice. Test it as you go and see what you like!

So... Was this version a success?! Clean plate and all thumbs up. He liked it first and second helping.



0 comments: